Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thing #1

I just completed adding a photo to my blog, as well as links to a couple blogs that I like. I hope to add to this list. It was pretty easy to add page elements using the Blogger software.

We have been talking about creating a blog for nurses where I work, but the challenge is defining some of the parameters for the blog. I think a blog should really have a primary purpose or theme, especially in a work setting. And who will be the administrator of the blog? How will it be monitored? Can anyone post anything? Does it need an administrator like a listserv to sift out the wheat from the chaff? Also, how will it be promoted? Library directors and company CEOs are blogging these days, as well as front-line librarians, but is it appropriate, useful, even possible to promote blogging amongst busy workers in a healthcare setting? I think those of us over "a certain age" feel it may take too much time on an ongoing basis, but I wonder if the younger folks probably wouldn't (and don't) find it time-consuming at all. Food for thought anyway!

No comments: